Ryan Transportation Service is an established provider of brokerage and 3PL logistics services to the shipping industry in North America. In our 28 year history, we have built our business based upon our dedication to our customers and an emphasis on developing long-term relationships. We are currently seeking candidates to fill the position of Carrier Sales Representative in our Overland Park headquarters.
This position is responsible for establishing and managing a network of Truckload and LTL Providers within the US and Canada.
- Solicitation of new carriers, and the ability to build long-term relationships with shippers and carriers.
- Daily prospecting, cold calling and qualifying carriers.
- Proactively manages carrier relationships to improve customer service, transit times and transportation costs.
- Tracking and Tracing of orders for each load into our system and completes all load related paperwork.
- Selects, negotiates and manages a network of carriers to meet the needs of our account managers and their customers.
- Coordinates logistics activity to include scheduling arrival dates and delivery appointments.
- Actively participates in Transportation Bids for current and prospective clients.
- Other duties as assigned.
Ideal candidates must possess an outgoing and dynamic sales personality, along with strong attention to detail and an ability to work independently.
- Minimum of 1 year of successful sales experience soliciting new accounts.
- Demonstrated success in a proactive sales environment.
- Ability to sell cross-functionally throughout all levels of an organization.
- Excellent relationship building and negotiation skills.
- Strong customer relations ability with analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to work independently and alongside team members in a fast-paced and dynamic work environment.
- Computer literate in Microsoft Suite, along with basic knowledge and understanding of PC applications. Data entry skills and experience required.
- Effective verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Demonstrated organizational and prioritization skills to meet customer/company deadlines.
Our benefit package includes:
- Competitive base compensation and incentives
- Fully paid employee and eligible dependent medical insurance with day-one coverage
- Fully paid family dental insurance with day-one coverage
- Fully paid family vision insurance with day-one coverage
- 401k with a generous company contribution
- Employer-paid long term disability insurance
- Employer-paid Life insurance coverage
- A tax saving flexible spending plan (FSA)
- Paid vacations, holidays and PTO
- Employee Stock Ownership Program
- On-site Fitness center and gym membership provided